View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

I'm with a local city police (Crystal River). Whenever we get calls from citizens complaining of speeders, the chief asks me to run radar in that area for about 45 minutes at different times of the day. I don't pull over anyone (don't have the authority), but if a large number of cars are over the limit on my report, units are dispatched that will ticket offenders. I never have trouble locking onto anything that moves including Vettes. Never tried shooting from the side so can't answer that, but I do take several trips up north to see the grandkids. 770 miles one way and I'm on Route #95 (major highway) 90% of the time. North/South Carolina and Virginia all have State Troopers in the medium mostly hidden in the cut-overs and bridge clearways. The cars (including myself) are hit with the radar/lazer at almost a 90 degree angle and they do register the speed, so it must work from that angle.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote