View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #48
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
Just curious Gordon. Why the heck does the appeal process take so long and then repeatable appeals on top of that? Personally, I think if someone is guilty and the judgement is passed down, then the next day HIS ASS IN THE GROUND. I actually can see maybe one appeal just in case there was a major error in court and the rare circumstance where the wrong person is behind bars. Then the families can have immediate closure and life can go on. Now the families will have to suffer for a decade while this ass wastes our time and money and oxygen.
Because the system is set up to be that way. The system is set up to err towards letting a guilty man walk free, rather than to imprison or execute an
innocent man. A murderer may end up killing again, but if he does then the process can repeat itself and hopefully result in him being brought to justice. If an innocent man is convicted and then executed... there are no second chances, it's done and then there is no justice for that man. Even if an innocent man is simply imprisoned, well, freedom is a pretty important thing in this country.

I wouldn't worry about this guy having to worry about any of that though. Cop killers never get off, will never get bail, never get parole, and will not be able to find a court that will support their appeal.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote