Thread: C5 TPMS
View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Final update on the sensor issue. The Company I purchased them from (Driven Products out of Kent Washington) treated me very well. All four sensors (mfg. by Orange Electronics out of some friggin place in China) were still under guarantee and they offered to replace all if I had them diagnosed as DRT (dead right there).

Goodyear using two different tech tools and then a reverse scan said all four were shot (now how odd is that?) .

Driven Products sent me four of a different mfg which I had installed. All mounted as intended and responded to training correctly. At this point all are working perfectly. Well see how they do the next time I hit 120+

Driven said they will check the Orange mfg. ones when received and issue a refund on each.

Two lessons learned. One, if it's made by Orange Electronics out of BFE it wont last and you can scare it to death and two, Driven Products are good folks.

Of final note the cost of replacement (removing the old ones and installing and balancing the wheels with the new sensors) sucks but compared to what RichZ has had to spend on his Z it was just a bump in the road.

BTW ALL sensors are made "over there".

Oops forgot to say they the Plasti Dip I just peeled off, very easily, so the spin balancing to over the 300 MPH I'll be doing will still be right

Last edited by Kap142; 02-03-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added info
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote