View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
You know, I still get an intermittent screech from my drive train when I slowly engage the clutch from a standstill. Only happens every now and again, and I can definitely feel a vibration in my gear shift shaft when it happens. Only happens when the clutch starts to engage, and then ceases when fully engaged. Seems to be when I SLOWLY engage the clutch and not so much if I am quick about letting up on the clutch pedal.

So maybe something similar?

Would feeling vibration in the gearshift shaft indicate the bearing on the transmission input shaft?

I wonder if my transmission input shaft bearing got damaged from all the crap that happened from the Pfadt driveshaft fiasco?
Not necessarily Rich,But it's possible to tell whitch bearings are possibly bad or making noise by the noise or vibrations created in different gear and rpm scenarios through the drive line. If I was able to drive Mannings car,I'd bet within a few miles I could tell you where to look to fix it.

Now just a quick question on your car,How many miles are actually on your clutch?

I had to go through my trans at 92,000 miles and so while I was at it I replaced my clutch (LS1 1800# clamping force)with a Genuine GM LS7 (2800# clamping force)Matched Clutch/ Disk,Pressure Plate and Flywheel. It had kind of a Grabby,Chatter Screech at first that you could feel in the shifter that was really bad at first,after about 35-50 miles got more and more intermittent,after 7,000-8,000 miles it hasn't done it since!19,000 on it now!

The warranty papers with the clutch noted that it was completely normal for it have some shutter and noise until the disk seated into the flywheel and pressure plate,(6,000-10,000 miles)