View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #9
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownVetteZ06
I agree. Of the half a dozen shows I have gone to, I have not gone to compete but to meet/greet/and see other vettes. Without the ability to view others cars/mods and talk with them I might as well just go to a Chevy dealership and look at factory vettes. With the cars all buttoned up and the contestants wandering around trying to find others there wasn't anything to see after a cursory walk around and view of the exteriors of the cars.

I am glad you enjoyed the show Kap, although the atmosphere isn't for me.

Craig
i felted the same way as you did at first .But i was trying to compare to back in the day .I have went to Slamfest and Nopi events and far as action goes they do know how to party .Live Bands,Burnout comp. Wet t-shirts, Bikini contests,Sound off comps. and Drag racing .Lots and Lots of Vendors not just afew but crap load. I am turning 47 and this old man just don't fit in anymore with that group anymore.I repect their hobbie and will still go to a show if local .In the late 70s and early 80s i was in a Vanclub and their saying on our club shirts was (Party til You Puke) So that being said i have partied with the best of them.Corvette people for the most are very laid back folks compare to others and thats because they are 40 years old plus .I just enjoy talkin and chekin out the vettes at the shows .