View Single Post
Unread 04-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road
Default Track Day at Pocono

Well, since I have not moved down to Florida yet, I took the opportunity to go to the NCCC East Region driving school at Pocono Raceway this weekend to get my NCCC high speed license. Other than being worn out, and the car needing some serious detailing, wow, what a great weekend!

We ran the North Course at Pocono which is about 1.3 miles, seven turns road course. If you are familiar with the Pocono track from watching NASCAR, we ran clockwise through the banked turn 3, down to just short of the tunnel turn before diving hard into the infield road course, which then exits back at turn 3. What a rush! One of the biggest kicks I got was running just a few feet from the concrete wall with the driver's window open and listening my Z06 wind through the gears. No other sound like it.

I would highly recommend anyone that really wants to experience exactly what their Corvette can do, try a high speed event. You need to be aware of a couple of drawbacks before you go off and do this. First, regardless of how you prepare the car, you cannot wrap it in a bubble and keep objects from hitting the car at well over 100 MPH. Second, be prepared to replace rotors and pads because you will wear them out in a couple track days if you are running hard. But if you can live with that, then you got to try it.

I have included a picture I took in the driveway when I got home this evening. It will show you how much I tried to protect the car and still I have new chips that I did not have before the event.
Attached Images

Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote