Thread: Eviction Notice
View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
Are we talkin' about pictures of mostly-nekkid ladies? Pictures that could not be shown on TV for fear of violating the FCC obscenity rules? Picures of ladies "dressed" so that, if real ladies were walking down the street that way, they would be arrested for indecent exposure?

If so, IMO it is at the least tacky to have these painted on your car. I don't blame people for complaining, and I don't blame the complex for acting on those complaints. It's an apartment, you're living cheek-by-jowl with other people, you have to make certain compromises when you decide on apartment living. Or buy a townhouse...or a condo...or a house with a homeowner's association...etc.

You don't have a 1st Amendment right to be "obscene". While I don't personally agree with that interpretation of the phrase "no law", that's what the Supreme Court says. Reasonable restrictions can be placed on "obscene" speech by governments, and private property owners have broader rights yet. You got bupkis, in my non-professional opinion. Cover it, paint over it, or move.

My 2 cents.
I thought you saw the picture ... Oh well, did I tell I think your exhaust is too loud which makes it "obscene".
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote