View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation
Default Engine mods, all I can say is WOW...

I spend so much time in three Forums (one boat, 2 Vette) that sometimes I get a little lost as to where I am...

Anyway, I have a 65' L76 (327/365) that has almost 59,000 original miles on it at this point. Motor last rebuilt and bored .30 over back in 1989.

I developed a small oil seepage at the head gasket. Since we tore it down to replace that I went ahead (just couldn't help myself) and "rollered" everything. Saving all the old parts of course to put it back as original. Now some might cringe at the thought that I switched some stuff around, one must remember I bought this to DRIVE, not impress some NCRS judge. And while everything still appears stock, IT AIN'T.

All I can say is if it wasn't my own car I NEVER would have believed the difference it made, that motor spools up SO MUCH faster than before....unreal. It now will rev to 6,500 in the time it used to rev to 4,500, that's SERIOUS.....

Anyway, could not be happier.

And the beat goes on....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote