View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #13
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
Planning to go there next month plus do the Dragon, Cherahola and Blue Ridge Pkwy.
Just got back yesterday - Bowling Green museum & plant tour was great - Super 8 Hotel which is on same exit (28) is taking reservations for Sept 2009 although rates are unknown at this time (someone has already booked 20 rooms at this time). Dinner @ Montana Grille was great as usual.

Drove Tail of the Dragon at night and in the wet (what a hoot) - Microtel Suites in Robbinsville is still a great place to spend the night.

Drove 129 to start of Blue Ridge Parkway (great ride). Blue Ridge Pkyw was socked in with clouds so was only able to do a couple miles due to almost zero visibility (big dissapointment) - plan was to drive the parkway throught NC but guess it will have to wait until next time when I do the Virginia leg.

Ran up to Mt. Airy, NC (birthplace of Andy Griffith & Donna Fargo) - beautiful little town with very friendly people.

Due to all weather encountered, my silver beauty was a mess when I got home (took 6 hours to get her back in show condition) but all in all it was worth it.

Looking forward to living in those "neck of the woods" someday.
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote