View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Actually I really like the tread design on those tires. Plus they get really good reviews as well. When my Michelins wear out, I just may get a set of these. Maybe try to go a little bit wider then stock, however. Anyone know what sized tires would be W-I-D-E, but not TOO wide and no taller then stock?
Rich,

I bought my GS D3s from Tire Rack (great to work with by the way) and thier website is pretty helpful. You can pull up the tire your looking for and it has a chart that gives the sizes available and the wheel width requirement. Then you can call and talk to a rep and they seem to shoot from the hip.

I ordered my tires on a Friday and they were delivered by UPS the following Monday morning. An 01 Vert comes with 245/45-17s on the front and 275/40-18s on the rear. I moved up a size on each by going 255/40-17s on the front and 285/35-18s on the rear. No problems with this setup so far on my vert, nor did I expect it. The Zs come with larger tires than the verts do, I would talk to Tire Rack and see what they recommend.

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote