View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
Yeah, I wish the Rose Bowl would have had the balls to match up Georgia with USC. That would have been a good game compared to what the sugar bowl and rose bowl ended up being...but I think they are trying to keep USC from playing an SEC team until they HAVE to match up in a championship game. Hopefully Ryan Perrilloux can lead the Tigers back to a championship game next year, but I'm almost whiling to bet another SEC team will be there, either Bama or Auburn, although you certainly can't rule out the Gators. It's going to be another tough season in the SEC next year.
Nah! The Bulldogs were going to go to the Sugar because the Sugar is aligned with the SEC and always takes the SEC Champion or highest ranked SEC team....in this case it was Georgia. The Gators got snubbed in favor of Illinois because of their Small Ten alliance. The Gators really should've got the knod because of their rank over Illinois but..........$$$ and I'm not being a "homer" on this one either because I am not a Gators fan.

With that in mind, it's very difficult for any SEC team to make it to the big show because they actually have to play each other which is bad enough. Auburn or Bama.......not going to happen. I wish Bama the worst thanks to their coach Nick Satan and Auburn never has any luck......just look at 2004. The Gators are your better bet but remember that if OSU or Michigan have a one loss season, rest assure they'll be in it along with USC.........darlings!!!!!!!! Damn college football sucks!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote