View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I don't know. Got a letter the other day from the roads department wanting us to DONATE our land to pave the road that goes through our property. We have 50 acres, so a 50 foot easement right through it would be a couple of acres, I would guess. They can forget that "DONATE" crap. Not with the price of land these days. So if we can get them to buy that acreage at the going prices, maybe that would be a windfall to be able to buy that Z06.

On one hand I would like to have the road paved for the sake of my vette, but on the other hand I really don't want it paved. There is a state law that you cannot shoot a firearm within 500 feet of a paved road, so if that road gets paved, it will be tough for me to find a safe spot to shoot on my own property without being in violation of that law. I certainly have no intention of giving away that right I now have for free as a DONATION, in any event.

Not to mention that some of the jerks around here already travel 60 mph on the dirt road and have gone off the road into our stream when they lost control. So I certainly think things will get worse if the road is paved.

And what is it with people who have this uncontrollable urge to throw trash into a body of water? We ALWAYS have junk someone has thrown into the stream. Caught one jackass throwing glass bottles into it and shooting them with a .22. Kids will often swim there.........

No, I really don't want to go into debt for a car at this stage of the game. My business is doing pretty well, but it is extremely labor intensive and all it would take is my having to go into the hospital for something major to deep six it. I'm at the age where that is certainly a consideration I have to keep in mind. Yeah, I wish I could get good employees to help out, but that is pretty near impossible in this area. Perhaps it is something in the water, but finding someone capable, reliable, and trustworthy is a lost cause. Last week we had a girl working for us say she was going on break to go to the store and never came back. That happens ALL of the time. Heck, we have hired people to start on Monday and they never showed up. People got paid on Friday and that is the last we see or hear from them. It's tough as hell running a business when you have it always in the back of your mind that NEXT week nobody could possible show up for work.

Fortunately we have everything paid off here. So I just can't bring myself to put us behind the eightball with monthly payments for a car.

Hey, I had an idea! I wonder if I offered Ed Morse Chevrolet lifetime free advertising here if they would trade me a C6 Z06 for that?

I'll put:

CORVETTEFLORIDA.COM

on the back of all my future tee shirts for a new Z06....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote