Thread: tires
View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

This has been an interesting thread, even though I hoped for more responses. My '04 Z06 CE only has 7200 miles and still has the stock BY F1 SC tires on it. But, I have been having problems with my right rear. In the last six months, I have pulled two nails out of that tire and plugged them. Because of the low mileage I was looking to replace the one tire with a new one. But checking with Tire Rack and Discount Tire, these tires are on back order and currently not available.

I had replaced the runcraps on my '01 vert with the GY GS D3s and love the tire. I was going to replace the Supercar tires with the D3s, but they also are on back order. Not sure what GY's production problem is with their performance tires, but it looks like I may have to go in a different direction. I picked up a used SC tire to take care of my immediate problem, but currently I am thinking I will not go back to GY.

Scott, you mentioned that you had the KDW2s and the Firestones. Can you tell us which ones you like better?

Thanks
Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote