View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #101
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Now, that being said, I will grant the point that the Corvette Clubs section has been pretty much a complete failure. I investigated as many Florida based Corvette club web pages as I could find, and in nearly all cases, NONE of them had an interactive forum available for their members. So I thought it would be a benefit to them to offer such a forum here, free of charge, for them to use for such a purpose without having to set up a forum on their own sites. Not only are those forums pretty much stagnant, for the most part, the offerings to the clubs themselves were basically snubbed without even the courtesy of some reply. But I tried it anyway. Perhaps it is getting to be time to think about reclaiming that screen real estate and subsequent bandwidth that is just going to waste every time the main forum page is loaded.

So yes, that section may very well go away for lack of use or interest. I had hoped the various clubs would see the benefit of having a public place where their members could interface with members of other clubs easily and perhaps generate more interest in their own clubs from remote members, but perhaps I was hoping for too much and the clubs just don't have an interest in such things. Be that as it may, I thought it was worth giving it a shot.

I can't for the life of me understand why a club would not take advantage of this offer!! What a deal and it's a win win for EVERYONE! Maybe it's clicks, maybe unknown to the members of the club, maybe like other forums, they are waiting for someone else to go first. Whatever it is, it's a shame that such a great form of (two way) communication goes unused.

As far as post go here, I believe it's just a matter of numbers. The more members the more posts the more posts, the more people find something to reply to and on & on it goes. A big membership allows for members to not post for a whole host of reasons while other keep the activity up for the rest.

I'm going to go have another father's day beer now