View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2008, 05:37 AM   #12
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default beer

[quote=floridaZ;67766]Well, I think it's also so that people don't get intoxicated while driving. You could have a .07% blood alcohol precentage, get pulled over, and go free. Then the police officer gets to watch you crack open another beer and drive off from the stop.

Now I don't like the Police much. I won't go into that here. But I do know that drunk driving is stupid, and that the world would be a much better place without it. There's alot of other crimes they could be watching out for (trust me on that) instead of dealing with drunk drivers. So making it easier for the drunk drivers to get away with it will frustrate the cops. This is bad for the non-drunk drivers he then comes into contact with.

That said, I do think that this is a silly law. I mean, there are people driving around with more than 15 prior DUIs, who still have a driver's license. You'd think that the resources that might be prosecuting the guy with an open beer can would be better spent pursuing that lady with 19 DWIs.[/QUOTe
I agree!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote