View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
raidmagic

Name : Steve
raidmagic has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I have covers on the vettes under the carport as well. Never had any sand underneath of them though. Scorpions, yes, but no sand....

I always break out the leaf blower and blow off the cover before taking it off of the car. This helps to keep grit from getting on the inside when I roll it up off of the car.

I may get a slab poured for the carport, though. It's sand underneath so if I drop a microfiber towel, it's basically history.

Next time I get this sort of an idea, I'm going to go to a contractor instead of talking to the metal building manufacturers. I just couldn't get a real good feel for the final bottom line talking to them. All they want to do is to sell me the building and be done with it.

I guess I could go ahead and have that area cleared and put the slab down. Kind of do it piecemeal, having the garage then constructed on the slab when I am ready for it.
Where is Crawfordville? I have a buddy that is a contractor and he will travel. If you want to talk to him I'll pm you his number. You can even get him to price it out differently, just concrete, concrete and electric whatever.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote