View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Do any of the people who have placed quotes in this thread actually know the hourly wages of GM union employees? Do any of you know for a fact what the cost is per employee for their benefit package? Do any of you know what the actual labor costs are for assembling a car, or for that matter what the labor cost is to make those parts? I will stand my ground and say there is a whole hell of a lot more to the equation than union wages and benefits. My friends who work in GM factories have taken concessions time and time again. Their retirement benefits have been reduced, and stand to be reduced again. Their numbers have been reduced by half through automation and out sourcing. So when you look for who to blame for the big threes current condition don't let your hatred for unions and what they stand for blind you to all the facts. Don't let your jealousy for their wages that they fought for blind you of the corporate greed. I will not be drawn into a argument over this subject. If you wish to discuss it intelligently so be it.
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote