View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG View Post
Sorry you didn't get the EMail, Rich. We "disconnected" the Comcast account as of June 21, but it was still working, i.e. I could still retrieve my EMails, etc.

The lift at the new house is new. I left my old lift at the Maryland house for the new owner. TOO big to move.

Was at the NCRS Regional in January. They had a pair of new Direct brand lifts that they were using for the judging schools. They were offering "deals" on these 2 barely used demos. I bought one of them.

The guy knocked the price down to $1795. With tax, that brought it back up to about $1,900. total. For that price, after the show, they delivered it to my house from Kissimmee, about a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. Came assembled on a rollback.

For $1,900 delivered and assembled, it wasn't worth the hassle of attempting to disassemble the one in Maryland, and move 2000 pounds of steel 1000 miles.

Regarding the compressor, Pat and I are heading up to Ocala tomorrow. In Ocala are a Northern Tool and a Harbor Freight store. Gonna check both of them out.

I'm likin' this retirement thing. As many have said, I've been busier since I "retired" than when I was working. Best thing is no more headaches and hassles at the office.

Chuck
We were fortunate that the community that we built in already had Comcast so we did not have to change our email addresses. Send me a PM and let me know your new email address.

I do understand your retirement comments. I don't know how I ever had time to go to work. Plus the day after I retired the stress in my life went away. The only stress I now have are recreation related. As an example, I played golf with a bunch of guys from my club this morning, but we played a different course. We only got 9 holes in before the thunder and rain started so we all got 9 hole rain checks. Now I have to work in time to go back to that course to play again during the next month. Not sure I can handle this pressure!

I guess I misread one of your previous posts. I thought you brought the old lift down with you. After you explained the deal you got at the NCRS meet, I don't blame you for jumping on that deal.

I know the unpacking and organizing is a PITA, but it will be over soon. Let us know when you and Pat are too stressed out from handling all this pressure. Your welcome to come visit SW Florida for a few days!

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote