View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #54
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Scott,

I know that you were just doing what I was doing, which was trying to pass good information to the members of the site! You and I are on the same page.

Over the last few years, I was very happy with the finish that I received from my Zaino products. There were just a couple application quirks that I did not like, mixing Z2 with ZFX, did I mix too much because after mixing it has a shelf life, etc. But the finish product was great. Based on info I got here from Jeff, you and others, I tried Adam's stuff and found them to be as good or better than Sal Zaino's. But if I had to go back to the Z stuff, I would not be terribly upset. It is that good! It was the ease of application, the service they provide and the guarantee that sold me on Adam's!

I really don't care what people use on their cars, I just don't like to see people try to sell their products by attempting to knock or degrade others. As an example, I was in Carlisle one year (still being in Maryland, Spring, Fall, and Corvette Carlisle are rights of passage!) and was thinking of buying a lift for my 3 car garage at my current house. If you have never been, there are vendors galore for every car product you can think of. So, I went around to the lift vendors on the fairgrounds and was very disappointed in one vendors approach. I won't tell you their name in fear of another pissing contest starting, but you might characterize them as a "friend behind your house". I had always had a high regard for their product but when I talked to their sales rep all I heard was how terrible the products were of their competition. This immediately turned me off even though I know they have a good product and in this industry there are some poor products as well. I just would have preferred that he pitch me on the positives of his equipment.

Fortunately, I decided to build a new house in Florida and I put a four car garage on the Ft. Myers house, so the need for a lift went by the wayside (for the moment). But that sales pitch has never left me! If, or probably more likely, when I buy another Vette, the lift will come back into play and I promise you I will not select that particular vendor because of their marketing strategy! That is just my opinion and maybe I am the only one that feels that way.

I hope everyone is as happy with their car care products as I am with mine!

Thanks for sending the note Scott!

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote