View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn "Mr. Blue" Smith
Sounds good to me. What happened to the idea of a group of us getting together to rent the track? I was told it was only $1,000 to rent it. Divide that up amoung 20 to 30 vette owners and the price would be damn near the same as waiting in line all day for a couple of runs. Just my .02
I see a few problems with doing a private-rental day at this time:
first, although it has been years since I was involved in a track-rental, I suspect that by the time track-prep, insurance, on-site EMT, etc., is added-up, the figure might-be closer to $1200-$1600, and secondly, we have been getting between 10 (this-past Sunday ) and 20 (early-October '06 ) Corvettes to attend our recent outings, so if the figure is $1500 and we average about 15 cars, you'd be looking-at $100 per-car, IF the weather would hold-out that day.....

..... BUT.....

when the Track Manager eyed me in the staging lanes, wearing my TRACK-OFFICIAL shirt, he introduced himself, and we spent about 10 minutes talking about working-at and running a race-track (I even assisted him, wiping-up fuel from a leaker on the line ):
I informed him I was with a bunch of the guys who had brought their Corvettes to the track, and that we'd be interested in racing more-often IF we could avoid all the ricer-crap/3 hours between making runs.

He gave me his personal E-mail address, and asked me to 'keep-in-touch', and after discussing our options following the Garlits visit, I'll do just-that!

USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote