View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" View Post
Will it's been so CRAZY here latley.Work has slowed down this year and I have only made 1/4 of what I made last yearThe econmony sucks and only getting worst,We have been really hanging on,but with the Lords help we will make it.

We have found out our oldest one[Evan] 23yrs old has just joined the Army for 6 years and is leaving in Jan 08.He has bootcamp then school,Will be gone for 5-6 months,then who knows where they will send him,hopefully not where I think,but who knows.Then we found out we will be grandparents in June 08,He got his girlfriend pregant,and we are hopeing he does the right thing and marry's her before he leaves.It all alot to take in has a parent,being a former Marine in Desert Storm I know what is ahead for him and his new family.We just pray for his safe return home and hopefully it all will work out for the better.

Sorry I have not been around latly but I just set around shaking my head and asking myself "What did I do to deserve all this?"His poor mother can't sleep anymore worring herself to death.

So I ask all my corvette friends if you are the praying type, to pray for our son's safety and allow him to come home.
I have no problem with the choice he has made,just the reason why he made them.Sorry about all this depressing news.

Happy holidays to all of you and your families,and may you all have a great new years.I sure miss you all,Man I need to get away for awhile.
Know what your saying about the economy,My sales are down 85% from last year!! Service work is plenty if I wanted to set and wait for my $$,Everybody's wanting work done but want me to take payments!! I'm not a bank,so I've just been doing some Insurance Collision work!! My son in law just got out of the Army in April with permanent disabling Injuries from 2 stints in Iraq,still hasn't got any $$$ coming in from the Army,Just the jerk around!! If this is the way our Country treats our disabled service men after putting there life on the line,It's time to start a new Country!!!Hang in there,It's got to get better!!! Our prayers are with you, and yours!!!Happy Holidays!!