View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I think that's a true statement 90% of the time. Usually mine is in a belt holster but on trips I'll tuck it between the seat and console, barrel down and grip in a position where I just lay my hand on it.

I've also been told to carry a small knife (I don't) in case you're grabbed from behind in a choke hold. I've been told they back off in a hurry.

Looks like you got a quick lesson with the flare gun. Sometimes I see a LEO standing alongside a stopped car in a very vulnerable position. It makes me shudder.
99% of the time an experienced LEO can read a situation within the first few moments of a traffic stop, or even a domestic dispute. But when a person approaches you in a non-aggressive manner to speak with you and then just comes out with a flare gun (which looks like a cannon up close) the pucker factor pegs like a Z06 with a brick on the gas pedal! ( I think I remember a sucking sound!?!) I didn't expect that! But I'll never forget it either. It doesn't matter how good or how fast you are....you can't out-draw a weapon that is already deployed! I realized right away that it was a flare gun, and I remembered everything I had been taught in the military about burning magnesium. At that moment I found myself wishing it was a .45.