View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road
Default road-trip to Garlits' Museum 1/28/07

In early October of this year, a group of Corvette-owners gathered at Orlando Speed World Dragway, having a BBQ while running their cars at a Friday evening 'test-n-tune' session:
that event was so well-enjoyed that Forum-members litevette and Red 69 have announced another gathering at OSWD on Sunday, December 3, as part of that track's "Funday-Sunday" program.

With the Holidays just a few weeks after that, and wanting to continue 'keeping-in-touch' over the Winter, we are organizing a road-trip on Sunday January 28, from the Orlando area, to Don "Big Daddy" Garlits' Museum of Drag Racing, near Ocala

http://www.garlits.com/

where some historic drag-racing vehicles have been retsored and are on-display:
with it's huge parking-lot, we can travel caravan-style if we desire, and have ample & safe parking while visiting the Museum.....
if rain is forecasted that day, we can bring our daily-drivers instead.

After our visit, we will probably find a steak-house/rib-joint/pizza-parlor near the Museum for a late-lunch and bench-racing/lie-telling, before heading for home.

We will probably meet near the I-4/Turnpike junction that morning, and be traveling the Florida Turnpike from Orlando to I-75, then North to the Museum, which is located right-off I-75 @ Exit 341:
we can pick-up interested Corvette-owners as we proceed North along the way.

I would think if we can meet @ I-4/Turnpike around 9:00 AM that morning, we should easily arrive at the Museum by 10:30 AM, giving us plenty of time to visit the Museum and it's gift-shop:
this visit isn't 'ONLY' for Corvette-owners from the Orlando-area, as anybody is welcome to join us @ the Museum from other locales in Florida.

Garlits-himself has told me that if we can bring 10-or-more visitors, we will receive a $3-per-person discount upon entering the Museum:
those interested in joining us should please sign-in here, so we can finalize plans and confirm our intentions with Large Father beforehand.