View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

Happy Father's Day to all. I was visiting my father's gravesite last week at the Florida National Cememtary in Bushnell. My 17 year old daughter was with me and we stoped there on our way to Jacksonville. My dad served during WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam and I was showing my daughter all the men and women who served and died for our country as we drove around the cementary. If you've never been there, it looks like Arlington with acres and acres of perfectly lined white tomb stones.
I saw tombs of soldiers who were in service less than a year and killed in action and probably left behind a child or two. And then I marveled and counted the blessing of having a father who survived three wars and was able to pass on the values and morals I live with today at 54 years old.
My dad has been gone for 19 years and yet his legacy lives on in me, my two brothers, and my daughters.
I commend all the fathers who work tirelessly to create a better world for our kids. I hope you guys find time to relax a little tomorrow. For me, a hug and a kiss from my kids and wife, a cruise in the vette, and a cold beer or two sounds mighty devine. Make it a GREAT day!!!! Yours fondly, Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote