View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #54
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

I'm not a man of many words but was an LEO training officer for more then 10 years while serving in law enforcement for more then 25 years. I proudly served as a K-9 unit and as a SWAT entry team member and as a detective in Homicide, Property Crimes, Robbery and General Crimes for many years. I was and still am a tactical, thought oriented officer.

As a Deputy Sheriff, trainer, SWAT and detective I will tell you that you TRY to provide every officer with "all the tools" available to survive and to prevail and to triumph in every encounter. But think for a second of how many thousands of scenarios you can (and do) encounter. No two traffic stops are ever the same (and hundreds are done as a matter of course). No two domestic violence calls are ever the same, no two loose animal calls are ever the same, no any other damn type of call is ever (or seldom as dispatched) the same.

You can say all you want about the intel should have been passed down and yes it should have but do you really have any idea of how many contacts a street officer has every day? How many decisions, how many pre-cognitions an officer must have/see/feel and react to?

Do you understand that an officer may respond to a barking dog call followed by a murder, followed by a riot followed by a SWAT call out followed by a dope search or warrant? No you really don't.

And I'd suggest you learn this that reaction NEVER equals action.

I have no apologies if I have ruffled feathers here and now. I remain quiet so often. Maybe you who have not "walked the walk" need to have an idea of what it's really like. Ask Shadow. Ask Larry ask my FHP buddies who never have signal 35.

Ken AKA 1749I