View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Well, it's like this. If I wouldn't give Joe Blow a ticket for it, I'm not going to give my brother in Blue/Green/Tan a ticket for it. I've stopped a few that warranted a legitimate stop for excessive speed(10-15 mph over posted) but I personally haven't witnessed another officer driving in a reckless/dangerous manner. I've heard stories of others that have and they deserve what they get. Like I said, 92 in a 55, you get a ticket. You only get professional courtesy when you act professional.

Besides, I don't think there is a soul that has been driving for more than five years that can honestly say they have never been guilty of speeding at some time or another.

And we don't "flash our badges". That is very unprofessional, the kind of crap you see on TV. Unless we are in an undercover position we are advised to identify ourselves as law enforcement officers when we have contact with other officers. If that officer wants to ask for ID then it is presented. Most of the time we will know through casual conversation if the person is LEO or not.

Last edited by 85vette; 02-15-2013 at 09:32 PM.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote