Thread: Drag Racers
View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #30
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default Well Bob, what kind of history and how far back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Spice, how about some background info? Your history with BoLaws. I am so glad I started this thread and some of you guys would popped up.
My history with Bo goes back to 1968 when at the time he had the 67 BB coupe and the 1968 Conv. w/ removeable HRDTP BB.
As the article you have the link attached reads.......Bo's Corvettes were unstopable, and smashed one record after another up and down the east coast NHRA records winning him the championships titles as well.
Bo's a Orlando fella, his son Michael, and daughter Carol work their tales off at BLP Products and the business is still located at the corner of Westmoreland and Church st, Orlando. At my last count Bo had 5 CNC mills running up to 50 tools each, his flow benches, and so forth. EVERYTHING to mill racing engines from slab's of aluminum block.
They have a sizeable catalog of race parts, they still build championship drag and Road racing engines, and new Dyno Technology that even NASCAR leases and uses for tech-ing.
Bo and wife Barbara are doing fine, he maybe in his early 70's but brother he get's around like he's still 20 behind the wheel and away from the wheel.
I am sponcering him for the 2012 Corvette Hall of Fame induction.
Bo already in the NHRA hall of Fame, and the Holley Carberators sponcered Performance of a Life Time Acheivement Hall of Fame inductee.
The thing with Motion Performance taking credit for Bo's speed records of his using their parts is bunk in my opinion, and really quite the opposite in truth.
But, that's typical Joel Rosen.
I was with Bo this past Dec. 9th, and presented Bo with a 1/18 exact scale copy of his record setting 67 BB Corvette Model, at a special dinner occassion. Proud to be Great friends, great family, business is still going strong after all these years.
If your going to race against the best, and a dead seriuos racer, then having Bo's years and years of experience is a must.

Last edited by spiceman; 02-04-2010 at 09:03 AM.
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote