USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@thecorvetteshow
registration? Fees?

Hope to make it

Brad
We have no 'registration-fees', no 'join-up' dues, no 'secret-handshake', no 'de-coder ring', and nobody will ask you who hit the most home-runs (before or AFTER steroid useage ):
Bradenton charges each person who enters the track a flat $10 entry-fee, and those of us who run (time-runs only or bracket-race competition ) pay an extra $20 for a Tech Card
(if you decide to race with us and lose in the First Round, you can re-enter, or 'buy-back' into the 2nd Round for an additional $10 )

If any Corvette Clubs would like to join us for a day at the strip, that'd be welcome, too, as we are always looking for more Corvette-owners who enjoy racing legally, in a safe envoirnment:
if a pair (or multiple? ) of rival Corvette Clubs would want to host an 'inter-Club' event (seeing who's Club brought the most racers, which Club has the better racers, quickest car, etc. ), we can work that into our competition, too.

Anybody who wishes to make runs must wear a current SFI-spec helmet, a shirt the covers the upper-arms and torso (no tank-tops or midriff-baring shirt ), long-pants, and closed-toe shoes (no-sandals ).

If you've never run your Corvette before at a drag-strip, I'd suggest getting to the track early (gates-open at 9:00 AM ), so you can walk-around and familiarize yourself with the track (restrooms, snack-shack, Tech Department, water, air, and fuel, etc. ), or look me up, and I'll try to answer any questions you may have about how the timing-system works:
the Track Staff usually is prepping the track at that time, but if we stay outta their-way, I believe they may let us walk around on the Starting Line and explain how the Christmas Tree works.

Our next race is 2 weeks from today (25 August ), and our season-finale is 2 weeks after that (8 September ), and I am proposing that after the races conclude (2:00 PM-3:00 PM ) that we all meet-up at SONNY'S B-B-Q Pit, right-off I-4 at Exit 220 for a bench-racing/lie-telling session before heading-home.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote