View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" View Post
I have heard alot of mufflers on 454's,the best one I have heard is Eeldbrocks,Flowmasters are crap on big blocks,they are ok on small blocks,you might as well be running staight pipes and headers.There are alot more brands better the Flowmaster,beside they are one of the few still made in the good USA.On my Nova I had made a custom made headers and ran staight pipes{ 3" } all the way out to Eledbrocks,Sweet,mildly loud and very throuty,if you are planning to change the originals,then you should do a complete exhaust sytem,better sound ,better tourqe and it will sound like it suppose to.I will bring over the Mig.and we can go exhaust shopping and in a few hours it will be done,no clamps needed.I need to weld something soon or I will lose my mind.I was thinking of building a shark cage just for the hell of it.
Rob always has a great zinger...

I am going back some 30 years, but do you remember "Thrush" Mufflers? Back in the 70's they were THE "sound". A few years later I put a set of "Thrush Rush" mufflers on a 396 Malibu my buddy had and they sounded GREAT, I don't know if they still make them but they sure had that "muscle car" sound.

Glad I could be of no help at all,

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote