View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
good catch, should have put that in there.

Neither my gf or myself really drink so not into the party clubs or getting sh1t-faced till morning!! LOL

Looking for maybe some nice resorts or beaches to relax on maybe do some scubba stuff like that, maybe check out some FL history stuff, crap like that i guess.

I've always wanted to go by key west area, maybe something to do down there or stay??

Thanks Guro
You're first and last statement are total contradictions!!!! You don't want to party till your s#!tfaced but you want to go to Key West?! Again.....

Key West is 8 sq. miles of nothing but crazy people who love to party and bulls#!t. If you want to catch some Florida history, then St. Augustine is your best bet. Remember, St. Augustine is the U.S.'s oldest city. It's older then dirt.....good stuff!

On the otherhand, Key West is the one place to go to get completely lost from any and all civilization. There is a reason the "conchs" (slang term for Key Westers) call it the "Conch Republic." It is the one place where it almost seems you are too far away from the rest of the country for them to really give a s#!t about. Kinda like Tatooine in Star Wars.

The scenary is beautiful. The eye candy is good too. However, while in Key West, if the eye candy gets too close, always, ALWAYS, poke it in the throat!!!! Better to be safe then sorry. Even if you don't drink, you should still have a blast. There is lots of stuff to do. There is the Key West Aquarium. Their is the Shipwreck Museum. Mel Fisher's Museum for the Atocha. The East Martello Museum (I'll touch on it later). There's Ripley's Believe it or Not.

If you want to go fishing, Key West sucks! In Key West, the only good fishing is to take a charter to the Dry Tortugas. There is also a great tour to the Dry Tortugas that takes you to Fort Jefferson State Park. It's cool as cool can be and has primo snorkeling. And Key West's biggest attraction is it's beautiful sunset off of Malory Square. This is not only an exquisite sunset but there is lots of street performers doing all kinds of stunts for tips. If you do goto Key West, I recommend you take the Ghost Tour out of La Concha Resort.

They will tell you about Robert the Enchanted Doll. Do your own research on this one. Robert, can be seen in all his glory at the East Martello Museum. I consider myself very lucky because I'm one of so-called few to have photographed it and not only got a clean picture but hasn't had anything bad happen to him. You must remember to ask for permission to photograph. Again, do your own research.

Did I mention it is a requirement when visiting Key West to a) stop at Sloppy Joe's and have a Sloppy Joe Sandwich b) Visit the Blonde Giraffe and have a piece of the greatest Key Lime pie on the face of the universe and c) Eat fresh Conch Fritters from the Conch Fritter stand in front of the aquarium? Well, now you know.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote