View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #19
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

B&T Small Engines on North Monroe. He gave me a price when I asked for a quote on their big 72 inch Cat powered diesel zero turn and my brother was willing to pay that for it but when he stopped to look at one in Ocala the dealer there knocked off $1500 and told him he could get him the tax break so he went with that dealer. So I told B&T to cancel the order if he had already placed it and he gave me a story about it was going to cost him $500 to cancel the order. He didn't have any mowers in stock to speak of so we had to order from the online catalog.

I understand that it used to be a good business to deal with but the owner died and this guy (the owners brother) took over and just saw dollar signs. I was told he ran off the old customers because he's greedy. I actually went back to get a set of new blades for that mower and he looked them up and sold me a set. I went to put them on and they wouldn't fit so I took them back to get a refund. He told me that there was going to be a 20% restocking fee because I had ordered the wrong parts. I was quick to straighten him out on that since he was the one that looked up the part number. He told me to tell my brother that he was still pissed off that he hadn't bought the mower through him. I told him that if he had told us about the discounts and tax breaks we would have.

We stopped doing business with him after that. Had some warranty claims on the mower but we took it to a dealer in Thomasville, Georgia to avoid dealing with this guy.