View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
After i purchased the new set of tires (goodyear eagle F1 GSD3s) took it to the Sears and had an alingnment ..and i noticed that the car was pulling right(slightly but it was still there) ,took the car back and asked them about that ,they told me they did the alignment properly but i wasn't convinced so i 've got full refund and took my car to the local chevy dealership ..service guy looked at the print out told me the alignment is fine ,took the car out for a test drive and said "car is slighlty moving to the right , it might be road crown .. i wouldn't bother" .. he also told me that he had a mustang and his car is doing the same thing ..is that really normal? the reason i'm asking you is b/c i drove the wife's car (subaru impreza)on the same exact road and it seemed like it was going straight unlike my Z...is it because i got wider tires and it makes that road crown pull more obvious?then again it's not pulling like crazy but it's so annoying..thanks in advance
There are several things tha can make a car pull,and it still be within spec's!! Crown of the road can,as so can a bad tire,air pressure and other factors!!But the biggest thing I've found is Lazy alignment men or non experienced technicians that don't really know or understand what the hell their doing!!!!I call them Toe and Go Artists!!Post your year of vehicle, tire pressure of each tire and the read out so I can look at it and see what things look like,maybe I can help,I assume it's a Corvette!! I've had to shift suspension cradles and other components to get a good alignment!! Most alignment guys just won't go the extra mile because there paid by production and not by the hour!!

PS I'm a Experienced Frame and Alignment Technician with over 30+ years!!