View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Name : Phil
Tampa Tuning is on a distinguished road

1) This wont deter anyone from drinking and driving anymore than the electric chair deters anyone from murder. Education for drinking and driving is the most effective.

2) I think in the fine print you signed for a drivers license, it says you have to submit to sobirity test or lose your license.

3) Check points have been held up in courts because its a privaledge granted by the state to drive a vehicle.

4) The drawing blood part at check points. Its a good work around loop hole in the process to have a judge at the check point. Example. The officer has cause to believe you've been drinking and requests you to submit to sobrity tests. You refused everything. He walks 20 feet over to the judge and swears out a search warrant to seize your blood because he thinks there's enough PC to believe you've been drinking or druging. Judge signs a pre-processed fill in the blanks warrant, and they either take you to the hospital or have an EMT at the scene to withdraw evidence from your body.

Its a pretty easy process which can be done any day of the week if everyone is in place.

I just dont see these check points happening often. Judges will have to work weekends and holiday nights to sign warrants. If your an elected official, your didnt get elected to bust your ass working nights and weekends with patrol units.

Hospital nurses or EMTs wont be thrilled getting subpeonas weekly. If a judge witnesses the drunk at the scene, he or she becomes a witness and will have to recuse himself/herself from the case causing more backlog for other judges.

So the manpower strain will be an issue. Realistically you can do this today via telephone call to the judge requesting a search and seizure warrant. With wireless internet communications, its that much easier.

Im for it but I dont see it happening much

www.TAMPATUNING.com
813-727-8720

Corvette Camaro GTO CTS-v Dyno Charger and Challenger DYNO Tuning in Tampa, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote