View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
A buddy of mine whose a reserve deputy in Palm Beach called me on this yesterday. This was on the Florida Feed here but not sure how many of us actually visit that part?

If the Sheriff really thinks he can defend his position on this one, he's nuttier than a fruitcake and needs to be removed from office!!!!!

Regardless of age, you DO NOT use 1 deputy to transport that many prisoners. That said, you have to consider age/size as a factor as well. I know some 75-80 year olds that are spry as hell and will give you a run for your moneyBut they're still 75-80!

To top it off, he (the Deputy) violates stated safety procedures to stop for the prisoner Why?

Again, the need for 2 officers.

Broward/south Florida is turning into a shooting gallery again We need to get away from the touchy feely, politaclly correct, lets save a buck way of doing law enforcement and go back to doing it the way it should be done. This crap would stop!

God bless the officers family and extended family

This is an all too common practice, and yes, it IS all about money. I have worked contract guard details for the U.S. Marshals where I have been the lone guard. And I know for a fact their policy demands two guards, but I'm willing to bet my agency got PAID for two!
85vette is online now   Reply With Quote