View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

No radar dectector here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
It appears that different states use different methods of speed detection, so how about Florida?
In Florida they use the radar and laser. If you are going to buy a unit then you may want to buy the one that covers both, and even the one that has a rear detection mode as well. In my opinion if you are "clocked" the radar/laser detector will beep, but it's only an early warning of an impending ticket. The police are smart enough to pause the radar, and laser is only a second long pulse when the trigger is pulled. When the laser or radar is sent out and your detector "sees" it it starts to beep, but too late,,,, the numbers are already on the display.

The main reason the detectors are good sometimes is if the police sit still (or drive in moving mode) while leaving it on. Then you can get a good warning beep. That's only if there's a half hearted attempt to run the radar. Laser is not passive (like leave it on and drive). It has to be aimed at a specific vehicle and trigger pulled like a gun.

Some people say jammers work, but I seriously doubt it myself.

PS, when you have a detector, and should you get stopped, you WILL get a citation. The police look at it as though you raised the stakes by using the detector, so you stand to loose more (ie no warnings, bigger pot in the game).

Just my .02
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote