Thread: Laser jammers
View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #17
HeelnToe
Let me just GO

Name :
HeelnToe has disabled reputation

I concur with most of what Prestige593 says, but I add that in Florida, any speed violation in excess of 25 over the limit can automatically be treated as "Reckless" all by itself. Thus if you're driving 75 in a 50 zone or 95 in a 70 zone you can/may be written up as reckless and get arrested on the spot, not just get a ticket. Your vehicle can also get impounded and damaged with virtually no recourse. (NO, it never happened to me?)

As indicated in an earlier post, the Speed game is played by LEO's and otherwise law-abiding, 'wicked' speeders. Of course the only way to not get caught is not to speed. But we live in a free America where we can choose to blindly follow every rule the government creates, or we can choose to examine a situation, consider the pitfalls and penalties, then make our own decision what to do, 100% Legal or not.

I in no way condone or advise anyone to break the law or speed, but how many people out there can say they have never exceeded posted speed limits? Not even once?

Or roll through a stop sign, even 10PM at night on a lonely country road with no other vehicles or pedestrians on the road with a clear view in both directions........ no other vehicles in sight except maybe a rookie officer hiding deep in the bushes looking for just that opportunity to "Bag one"...... Like in Lutz...
I could go on, but suffice to say: "One way or another you have to pay to play."

BTW to really have fun in your Vette and have no worries, Just attend one of the many Autocrosses sponsored by numerous organizations or attend an event at a major road course. Get all the speed fix you want in a safer, controlled environment. All the fun in the world, adrenaline fix and NO WORRIES about getting a Ticket of any kind, except a time slip!
HeelnToe is offline   Reply With Quote