View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

My wife and I just got back to Maryland this afternoon and I guess I am getting a little old. My butt is dragging! 3000 miles over 10 days would not have bothered me a few years ago, but I am falling a sleep here at the key board.

First, I need to thank both Barb Fulton (Electra on this site) and Linda Duschl (2Vettes) for going out of their way to put this caravan together to Marco Island. My wife, friends and I had a great time!

The NBM vert is ours, and the Magnetic Red (Lingenfelter) vert belongs to our friends. 2Vettes, the pictures turned out great and I was impressed with the shot that captured both Maryland (Bel Air Corvette Club) license plates. I am going to believe that you planned that composition at 85 or 90 (whatever we were doing) mph. So, for that you get a standing ovation from me!

Carmen's (that is Electra for the new people on the board) husband Andy led the caravan and I will admit, that is was a pretty quick ride from Ft. Myers to Marco. The view at the Snook Inn was stunning and the company was even better.

I will be back in Florida in October for 5 days, but will be there over the holidays at the end of the year for a couple weeks. The holiday trip I will be bringing the C5 down again and maybe we can do something then, assuming that it does not conflict with your holiday plans.

Again, I cannot express how great these ladies treated us, as well as, the other members of Corvettes on the Gulf, and SW Florida Corvette Club, that went along. Another outstanding example of why this hobby is so great! I owned an exotic once, and the people were nice, but nothing like Corvette people!

Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote