View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
Remo

Name : Bob Remo
Remo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually I believe the opposite. Electronic systems are way too easy to subvert by whoever controls the programming. Even today, how do YOU know that your vote was actually counted the way you voted? Can you go anywhere and check on that? Personally, I would like to see all voting made public record that could be verified by the people actually doing the voting. That people could see who voted for who and VERIFY that the votes are legitimate. Seriously, I don't have any problems letting people know who I voted for, and based on the number of signs, discussions, and bumper stickers, it doesn't seem like many other people have any issues with that information being public neither. The whole concept of secret balloting is just a recipe for fraud and corruption.

Do you ever get the feeling that we are just cattle too ignorant and distracted to see the fences that surround us and where the path we are on is leading us?
Rich...how about a standardized "manual" system. As far as recording who voted for whatever becoming a public knowledge I think you and I will part ways on that one. There are people that own businesses, police officers, fire fighters and yes even some regular everyday folks that would not care to have their votes become public knowledge.

And about that path and where it's leading us. One way to correct that is to make sure your vote counts. Not unlike you, I too am concerned about the direction of the country.

Peace,
Remo

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible, 469 RWHP, 453 RWTQ
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote