View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63GSreplica View Post
I love it when people post about how a vendor did them wrong WITHOUT first posting their version of the story, I guess it's my fault for not flying in from Iraq to break into your house to look over your financial records and interrogate you so I can GET THE FACTS before shooting off my mouth. I posted what I knew of the situation, don't like it, tough crap. Here's a clue, this is the internet and it goes all over the world, if you aren't adult enough or smart enough to put your facts out there then prepare to get your feelings hurt. If a vendor did something to me that I thought was wrong, I would do everything possible to resolve the problem like an adult FIRST before I made a half-assed post on the internet.

I can understand people have problems, stuff happens that you have no control over, perfectly understandable. But by your own admission you've had time for "three different mechanics, who build engines for NASCAR" to check out your motor, but you can't get on the phone or better yet just drop in and talk to Tommy. Well, like you said, "I will fully admit that after everything, I just figure I saved myself some money rather than simply just throwing it away, like the first two thirds of that work."

All I can say is suck it up and quit whining about it or go be a man and talk to Tommy face to face and resolve the problem.

I gave Tommy almost four weeks to respond to multiple emails. I never got mad at him, I only wanted an answer as to why to a roller cam was not installed in my motor when it is required with roller lifters. HE was the one who never answered the question. He threw everything else but the kitchen sink at me as to why it wasn't his fault, but yet NEVER ANSWERED THE ORIGINAL QUESTION. He commented on how he had done other work, which he had, besides work on the valve train, but it was the work on the valve train which was the issue. An issue he NEVER EVER addressed.

I now live in TN. It's not exactly convienent to just drop in and talk to Tommy, and I prefer email over phone conversations because YOU HAVE A RECORD AS TO WHAT WAS SAID.

No, I don't expect you to examine my financial records, but you were the one who kind of jumped the gun as to what actually happened. It was you who made an incorrect assumption by not knowing the facts. You jumped me because of what apparently Tommy told you, and I fully admit that here I am guessing for I do not know. However, likewise, you did not know the whole story yet you jumped on me.

I can't figure out what you mean by a half-assed post. I wrote it as cordial as I could without anger, complete with photographs of the damage, and the names and telephone numbers of the mechanics who saw the damage and are doing the repair work now required. I'd say that was a reasonably responsible post. You say you posted what you knew of the situation and if I don't like it tough crap. Well here's a news flash. You might have considered ASKING what the full story was before you jumped on me, rather than just jumping in headfirst and defending Tommy about something that you did NOT know what the story was. You are the one who is looking like the jackass here, not me.

And hurt my feelings????? You can't possibly be serious.....I doubt that I could find one person in a thousand who has a reasonable command of the English language who would consider anything I've written, or posted, as whining. All I did was, without emotion, post an incident that happened to me, no more no less. And then you come in the like 84th Airborne to rescue Tommy.

I've already "sucked it up" and resigned myself to the fact that I got screwed, by someone who was supposedly a friend. Heck, all I ever really wanted was some type of explanation, or maybe even an apology, but I got nothing but a gobbility goop runaround. Okay so be it. I have a life to live and I'm not losing sleep over this. I'm only posting about an incident that happened to me with one certain shop. That's all. What I posted was the truth, after that I really don't care.

Be careful and best of luck to you in Iraq.

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote