View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Remo

Name : Bob Remo
Remo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Personally, I believe that the authority that comes with voting needs to have the responsibility for the choices you make attached to it. If you are not willing to stand behind your vote, and damn the torpedoes, well, is that what America has really become? People AFRAID to admit who they voted for?

The privacy of the voting booth is not concept we' ve migrated to. It's been with us from the beginning of country.

I believe that the shirking of this responsibility that should be inherent in the voting process is exactly what has gutted it into the farce that it is today. WE allowed our votes to become meaningless because there is no way for us to audit it after the fact. How do you run a recount with a purely electronic system? Just press a "recount" button that will ALWAYS give you the same answer? Yeah, that would be helpful. No there needs to be a verifiable physical document of some manner that can be used to VERIFY that the votes made are legitimate and accurate. Otherwise the winner of any such unverifiable elections can be whoever it is that controls the voting process WISHES to win.
As for the rest of your concerns...may I suggest that you volunteer to work with the Florida Election Authority. I'm sure they'll welcome your ideas.

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible, 469 RWHP, 453 RWTQ
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote