View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

My Uncle was in 7 campaigns in WWII. A documentary was made of one of them, at the time it was "Classified". Few people know of this battle. The Battle of Attu. Here's the link if you care to see it. You can copy and paste it.

RED WHITE BLACK AND BLUE--ABOUT THE FILM

Until I saw the film, I had no idea what he went through. What kind of things he heard and saw. I knew that he had been in WWII and that he had been wouded, but he never spoke of it much. I tried to go to Vietnam when I was 17, but I had not graduated high school yet and the Army would not take me. I did join the Navy after I got my diploma, but Vietnam was over by then and I saw no combat action. Now, looking back, I think I was spared what my Uncle Bill and others who saw combat went through. I am blessed. God Bless all the remaining WWII vets, and all who serve or who have served.

My Uncle is Bill Jones, one of the two men you will see on the film. He died in 2010, God rest his soul.

Last edited by 85vette; 12-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote