View Single Post
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #1003
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

[quote=Benjamin;146575]Aaron is FAR from that. he has built MANY boosted cars, and they are running and driving on the road still today. Then he should have had this running and finished in 3-4 weeks max, not a year.

remember that the motor will never be ran 100% of the time on boost. therefore the natural vacuum from the intake will evacuate the super duper bad stuff that can harm the motor only if the oil isn't changed but every 10K+ miles.

if this was a drag race or road race only car then the kit you have would be a must but on a car that cruising should be in and out of boost allowing the natural vacuum to evacuate the crankcase is perfectly acceptable IMHO. I am an average tech and have built MANY boosted motors to understand proper crankcase evacuation.If you read, he has defeated ALL of the evac so there is no vacuum evacuation or you would be correct. He is just venting excess crankcase pressure into a breathered overflow can (Moroso style) so there is zero evacuation. The system I describe is for street use only. Track cars need a much more robust system than the system I reccomend. Nothing beats a belt driven vac pump system with proper relief valve.

On your experiance, why haven't you stepped in and offered to show them or help them finish it? I'm sure with your experiance and certifications you could have it done correctly in a few days. I don't know you so I can't judge your true abilities so I can only assume you have enough FI and tuning experiance to quickly solve the issues and get Rich on the road to enjoying this beauty.

Here is a brief rundown on my qualifications:

Over 35 years building race & performance engines with super charging FI in the late 60's and turbo charging since the mid 70's (lots of burnt pistons in the old days of no wide-bands, etc.).

Graduate of the Reher Morrison pro Stock Racing Engine school.

Hold (either one of my race teams or myself personally) multiple Divisional, National, and World Championships in several classes both NHRA & IHRA. ( 2nd ever in history to win a NHRA Wally in an all Corvette class).

Have 29 unique performance industry products I have personally developed and have brought to market. Several cutting edge with industry recognition in National publications/media.

And we just won the NMCA EFI class World Championshipfor the 2nd year in a row weekend before last at Indy, and are currently #1 in the World in NHRA Super Gas and Super Stock as of this past weekend in AZ.

I am not here to fight with you and I'm sure the shop has done some excellent builds in the past, but read back through the issues one after another. Very few make sense at all and if you are that experianced in these type of builds you already know this. Especially the Jessel issue.

I am not perfect at all and still make mistakes...but this is apparent that the build is over their heads IMHO and they don't want to admit it. I have never seen a competent shop with this type of build experiance take a year (more or less) and have excuse after excuse why it isn't finished. Granted, Chris made a mess of all taking this on when it was way above his abilities, but this entire build could have been done over and over again in this time.

We have done similar in a week or less when a deadline had to be met with very few (if any) issues. Take the 2010 Camaro twin turbo build "Gretchen" or the current Whiteside Customs SEMA feature car. We di what Jay Leno's shop was unable to do in only 6 days! And the customer drove it 1000 trouble free miles home....and it was a first, never before done build at the time. Rich's is a not to uncommon build and the engine was built by one of the more respected builders of LS based FI motors.

So, in closing, lets not make this a pissing match. Rich has been through more than enough and to prolong in any further just to "stick up for and defend" someone you are friends with helps no one at this point. Lets get the car finished, and finished right by a shop/tech that does have the extensive experiance with these type of builds....and there are others that can step in and finish this besides myself.