Thread: Police Chase
View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:09 AM   #15
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I agree with the unmarked units. Personally, I think that they shouldn't use any unmarked units at all. The exception would be, in my perfect little world, that they could use them for targeted busts (drugs, gangs, etc.) if they can get a signed... warrant I guess... from a judge. Beyond that, use highly visible patrol cars. The unmarked units are a big reason I have little respect for "LEOs", I honestly can't believe that they don't use the unmarked units for anything other than revenue collection. That, and when in a marked unit, the police officers seem to follow more traffic laws themselves. I can't pull the number off of the unmarked car that decides to speed, weave through traffic, tailgate (me specifically), or cut across 3 lanes of traffic in I4 to pull over somebody who pulled a u-turn on one of those "restricted roads" without using even a turn signal. And no disco lights either.

A little less accountability for a group of people empowered over everyone else has never been a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
If the suspect stops (for whatever reason-spike strips, fuel, OnStar, etc).
BTW, was I the only one creeped out by that commercial? If I owned a car with On-Star, you can be damned sure first thing I'd be going when I got to the house is cutting me some On-Star kill wires.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote