View Single Post
Unread 10-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #18
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

I joined one of the larger Corvette Clubs when I got my 65' last Dec.

I definitely have mixed feelings about it. While it is an extremely active club, some of their "activities" I'm just not interested in, like a "Bagel Run". We've had like four Bagel Runs this year and I don't even care for bagels....

They did put a real nice job on their show in Venice last month.

There is definitely the "high school clique mentality" in the club but I just ignore it. Fortunately, there are some nice, normal members also.

We should be having a rather large turnover in officers after this year and I think that fresh blood holding down offices will be a vast improvement. The current regime is not real big on new ideas and the current President is a control freak which REALLY doesn't sit well with me. Actually so was my not soon enough to be ex-wife....

But the worst thing??? The color of our club shirts. They are the most gay looking peach colored yellow you could ever imagine. I understand the philosphy that the club officers wanted to be "seen" at events, but a normal yellow would have done that just fine without being the laughing stock of all the Florida Corvette clubs. I absolutely refuse to wear it, for ANY reason...

While I have made some friends there, (couple of enemies too), I think that after this year I'll be going north to one of the Sarasota clubs.

Sorry, but bagel runs are just not my style....

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not intended to piss anybody off, just my humble opinion.....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote