Thread: Street racers
View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #20
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
I went sideways at OSW because they dont prep the track worth a damn. They spray VHT up to the 60ft and your own your own after that.
And the road is prepped better? One good point Shadow made was the fact that something could be in the roadway. It could range from a giant pot hole, a couple hundred nails to a full 5 galon paint bucket, to a 20 lb chunk of semi truck tire, or better yet a several hundred pound animal like a deer.

Quote:
I pushed 176 mainly cause I wanted to. Its a rush I enjoy, to me its better then being on drugs. I have the same chance dying from rolling my car, as I do some strung out crackhead coming into my pawn shop with a gun and blowing my head off, so IF Im going to die I might as well go out the way I prefer.
It's not you that is the problem. You are your own boss. If you want to die doing what you love so be it, it's the OTHER people you kill that is the problem. If you are lucky you die too and don't spend the rest of your life in prison for manslaughter. EVERY car made after about 1989 or 1990 has a "black box" hidden in them. The data that it records is everything from speed, to acceleration percentage, to braking percentage, seatbelts, air bags, and hundreds of more calculations that usually don't even pertain to the police investigation. All of this data is saved for a specified time frame up to the point of collision. It may be someting like 2 minutes worth of data or something like that. Even if you have a classic car with no data recorder the major crash investigation teams or traffic homicide teams can determine speed from alot of other factors. Witnesses, skids, and crush damage are just a few.

Quote:
I started applying the brakes when I saw a small blur on the horizon, which turned out to be almost 2m down the road according to the odometer.
That's kind of the point here.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote