View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
Ken, keep in mind that if the new rims are not specifically designed for the TPMS sensors,
you'll likely need a bit of weight opposite them when doing the balancing. I believe that the stock GM wheels for use with the sensors had taken this extra weight
into account when the wheels were made.
Andy

And by the way, I've dealt with GMPartsHouse on a number of occasions and was pleased
with them every time.
Andy
Andy,

I don't know whether my stock Speedline Z16 wheels were designed with the sensors in mind, but when I put the sensors on my Z16, I had all four tires rebalanced and they were all off just a slight amount. But you bring up a good point that Ken might want to consider. My stock Speedline Z16 wheels came from GM with the stick on weights and not the conventional wheel weights that are hung on the outside lip of the wheel. I know when the first stick on weights came out, people use to lose them all the time. But I think the stickum (?) on the new weights are much better than they used to be. I have not thrown a weight on my Z06 since I got it in 2006 and that includes a couple high speed events at Pocono and Road Atlanta with speeds of 130+. If it was me, I would try to go with the newer stick on wheel weights and avoid using the old type that scratch or mar the outside lip of the wheel.

Just my opinion!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote