View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #23
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

I just thought about this,

Rich, if we are going to be paying members, then we should be a certified club, with all the rights and priveliges granted to a paying membership.

I mean things like; formal recognition at car shows, the ability to write on entry forms "CorvetteFlorida.com" and that be a valid club.

Then you have the task of appointing club officers, Creating an online Club Meeting, creating a Bank Account to take care of the membership dues, and to account for where the money(membership dues) will be spent, such as statewide club picnics, regional gatherings or even giveaways from sponsors.

Since it is "CorvetteFlorida" and there are members statewide, you are going to have to create "Regions" to accomidate the local members. If people are paying, they want something in return, a regional party, get-together, or something for their money.

Everyone likes this website because it is free, and the quality of people that have made this website home because of that.

When you start asking for membership dues or even donations, you are creating a "Partnership", unless those monies are openly given as a "GIFT", or religious donation without any expectation of reimbursment of any kind.(and even monies given to the church have an expectation on gratitude from GOD).
We would just be giving you our money.

I would guess that you would have to create some sort of a "501" corporation for tax purposes.

Give it some thought...
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote