View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
This is part 2 of 2 in a series concerning an issue in the Firearms Forum on this site.

Basically referencing the fact that apparently some LEOs do not believe that it is a problem with fairness that they will turn a blind eye to minor law violations made by other LEOs and ex-LEOs, yet would generally charge a non-LEO for the same crime under the same circumstances. They consider this as a "perk" of the job. My question about this is: Does this practice present an image problem to the general public? Basically this is a "do as I say, not as I do" sort of conflct"?
I would say no, there is no problem. I've been pulled over before for speeding and knew he had me dead to rights, but only received a warning. Of course, it wasn't professional courtesy that was behind his decision to give me a warning. But I was grateful anyway. I certainly wasn't going to argue with him and demand he give me a citation because I thought if he didn't it would look bad. I took the gift and went on my merry way.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote