View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default OK I'm going to break my tradition of.......

never saying anything negative but ...... Carrie and I in "Goldie" arrived in downtown Plant City at right at 1600 for the show. First, let me step back and say if you had arrived at the show location at maybe noon, set up a tent and waited for the chaos to begin, you'd probably been just fine, however , the designated parking area for Vettes was full and simply barricaded off with no alternative parking area. As a matter of fact every farkin parking area was loaded in the most chaotic manner I have ever seen.

The Vette area had Camero's, other Chebbys and an assortment of muscle cars.

Silly me I watched for someone in charge (or at least pretending to be) but alas none was ever found (did I say ever found, I mean ever, ever found).

As we drove home from Plant City, never having stopped, thoughts crossed my mind, mostly analogies actually, like it reminded me of the 74 car pile up on I-4, or a soccer game gone crazy in South America or a train wreck, or the sinking of the Titanic or an avalanche, (or just use your imagination).

Plant City LEO's did their best to direct traffic but cars were parked in places you would just not believe. It was the most classic "Charlie Foxtrot" I have seen in years.

To my brothers with Vettes and others who attend on a regular basis, I'm glad you have this mess figured out.

To the organizers, if any ever existed, gang you need to do some serious work. That was a mess of biblical proportions.

I wish to offend no one but damn that was a mess and I'm sure you wont miss "Goldies" absence next month.

Ken