View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
jpee
jpee

Name :
jpee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, this of course, brings up the question of why any ex or off duty LEO would be treated any differently than any other citizen when caught breaking the law.

Professional courtesy? What exactly is that?
What kind of work do you do? For example lets say you were a dentist, and needed a filling, and the Dentist who worked in the same building was going to do the filling, ya think he might charge you less than he'd charge me ???

Or if you were a barber, do you think you could get a haircut for less than I'd pay....??

If you answer NO to both of these, I'd bet you were not liked very much in the business..... just a thought.....

Do you think a waitress pays less for dinner at her place of employment...

ALSO if you were a LEO and stopped a car, and two big gorillas got out and jumped you... and was using you to mop up the pavement, ya think you would appreciate it if "I" stopped and pulled my Glock out and "Strongly Suggested" they STOP or they would be breathing through the top of their head...

You get the point....I have a video (taken from the cars dash camera) where a Va. State Trooper was getting his A** kicked by a 6'8 340 lb gorilla.... an off duty cop from NJ stopped and shot the attacker (who had a 38 cal. revolver also!!

So YES when I was on duty I would give "Professional Courtesy" to other LEO... maybe if he was drunk and totally out of control, it would be different, but I was never in that situation...
jpee is offline   Reply With Quote